27WON Big Brake Kit (BBK) | 00-09 Honda S2000
27WON Big Brake Kit (BBK) | 00-09 Honda S2000
Unity Performance is the exclusive Canadian Dealer for all 27WON Performance Products in Canada! US folks, please continue to purchase through 27WON directly.
- 2000 - 2009 Honda S2000
A complete front and rear Big Brake Kit is how we did this. 2 piece fixed rotors, stainless steel brake lines, 4-piston forged calipers, full rear parking brake function, and a choice of two outstanding colors. Check out all the details below ↓↓↓↓↓
27WON is excited to be one of only a handful of companies to offer a full chassis brake system upgrade. With us, you have the option to upgrade your fronts only, your rears only, or do a complete 4-wheel Big Brake upgrade. The 27WON kit includes everything you need for simple and easy installation. Rotors, calipers, brake lines, and hardware are all included so you can get the job done right the first time.
For a long lasting finish our calipers use stainless steel retainers and brake pin hardware. This ensure there is never any rust on your calipers. Then the entire caliper is coated in a high-temp resistant hydraulic paint making sure your calipers looks as good as they did coming out of the box, even years later.
Have your choice of two color options:
- Stealth Black
- Redline Red
An important factor in caliper design is piston count. How do you know if you want 4, 6, or 8 pistons? Does more equal better? Well not really. The important consideration is not so much piston count as it is piston VOLUME. The amount of volume determines how much clamping force can be created by the braking system and thus have an effect on overall system performance.
A staggered 4 piston design was utilized as it saved weight over a 6 or 8 piston set-up and helps improve brake pad life. By making the leading piston smaller than the trailing piston we are able to reduce the chance of taper wear and improve pedal response time and pedal feel both on and off the track.
Nearly all OEM manufactures use floating mounted brake calipers as part of a OE compromise for overall caliper cost and to fit high-offset wheels. The downside is they only have a piston on the inboard side of the brake rotor and that inside pad can have a tendency to do more work then the outside one.
The 27WON Performance BBK uses a fixed caliper design which allows you to use multiple pistons both the inside and outboard side of the rotor. This allows the pads on both sides to press into the rotor at the same time for a faster response time when you are heavy on the brakes into corners.
- The 27WON BBK for the S2000 is designed to be run with 17-inch or larger diameter wheels.
- Trimming of the front and rear dust shields is required for proper fitment.
- Supplied "blue sport pads" are intended for spirited street use. Track use will require race specific pads.
- Click here to see what other brand brake pads will work with your 27WON kit.
- Some aftermarket wheels will require the use of a wheel spacer for fitment over the 27WON Calipers. Please use the Wheel Fitment Guide to determine how thick of a spacer is required. OE wheels will require wheel spacers.
- 24mm is the minimum rotor thickness before replacement is required. These rotors can be turned down on a lathe but not passed the min 24mm. Replacement rotors and rotor rings are available. Call to order 571-271-0271
- Be sure to click, download, and confirm the wheel fitment guide to ensure a smooth and trouble-free install of your new BBK.
Two-piece performance rotors utilize a separate hat assembly that bolts directly to the rotor itself. By going with a two-piece set up the overall rotor weight can be reduced dramatically helping decrease overall unsprung mass. By decreasing the unsprung mass (the weight of components not supported by the suspension) overall handling of the car can be improved.
With an aluminum rotor hat we are able to help dissipate heat faster from the rotor assembly while still leaving plenty of mass in the rotor ring itself for effective cooling. This aids in more consistent brake performance and also extends the life of the pads and rotors overall.
Six directional slots on the face of the rotor also aid in keeping temperatures under control by helping heat get rejected out of the rotor ring sooner and more easily. As well, slots act as a type of wiper blade for your brake pads making sure dust and dirt don't get trapped on the pad surface. By keeping the top surface of the pad clean the pad can run cooler and last longer.
You know it's not a 27WON Performance product if we don't REDEFINE in a big WAY!!!. Arguably our favorite part of this entire kit is the full retention and functionality of your rear parking brake. This system is the only kit on the market to fully maintain the function of your mechanical parking brake and does not require the use of an additional caliper adding unwanted weight or wiring in complicated electronics to get yourself parked safely.
Utilizing a unique rear parking brake retention assembly you don't have to give up on OEM functionality. This module bolts directly to the 4-piston rear caliper encasing the massive 304mm rear rotors and letting you have your cake and eat it too.
The devil is in the details, see just how the 27WON front and rear Big Brake Kit out performs the OEM. The larger mass of the rotors and braking system increase thermal capacity which is the ability for heat to be pulled out of the system. Cooler brakes = better performing brakes which is what we are after.
- S2K OE 1-piston front caliper per corner = 7.1 lbs.
- S2K OE front rotor per corner = 14.5 lbs.
- S2K complete front braking system = 52.0 lbs.
- 27WON 4-piston front caliper per corner = 11.8 lbs.
- 27WON front rotor 330x28mm per corner = 17.5 lbs.
- 27WON front complete braking system = 58.6 lbs.
- S2K OE 1-piston rear caliper per corner = 5.9 lbs.
- S2K OE rear rotor per corner = 9.4 lbs.
- S2K complete rear braking system = 37.0 lbs.
- 27WON 4-piston rear caliper per corner = 5.6 lbs.
- 27WON rear rotor 304x22mm per corner = 11 lbs.
- 27WON rear complete braking system = 35.4 lbs.
Let us help you determine if you are going to need wheel spacer or not to run this kit on your S2000. Click the link below to download our wheel fitment guide. Make sure you check wheel clearance ahead of time. You need to have the right size wheels/spacers to have a trouble free install.
OEM AP2 wheels need a minimum 10mm spacer for the front and 20mm spacer for the rear for optimal clearance. Special attention must be paid to where wheel weights are attached to the OE wheels to maintain proper clearance between the wheel and the caliper.
Download wheel fitment guide here >>>***WHEEL FITMENT GUIDE***<<<