- 2016 - 2021 Honda Civic trims equipped with a Manual Transmission
- NOT for Honda Civic Type R as it has a factory Short Shifter
The ACUITY Short Throw Adapter can be appreciated as much during street driving as at the track. The Short Throw Adapter reduces the mechanical advantage of the shifter to provide shorter, stiffer gear throws. The extender is turned and milled from 300 series stainless steel, making it strong and extremely corrosion resistant. Acuity's unique clamping design ensures the extender will stay fastened, even with a modest amount of torque. This pairs very well with Acuity's Shifter Base Bushings (1914), Shifter Centering Spring Upgrade (1918), and Shifter Rocker Upgrade (1922).
By reducing the throw at the shifter, you are effectively reducing the play in the shifter cables by the same amount you are reducing throw. When the throw is reduced at the transmission, the play from the cables remains the same while the throw is reduced. This was the primary motivation for Acuity's choice to make a short throw adapter that fits to the shifter.
- Approximately 25% reduction in throw
- 300 series stainless steel construction
- Unique grip design uses special nuts to stay affixed
- Supplied with grease and alcohol wipe for ease of installation